The latest Raspberry Pi model B is here. It’s Raspberry Pi 3. The Pi we all love just got better.
Two of the major upgrades in the Pi 3 are a new Quad Core 64 bit Broadcom BCM2837 ARMv8 processor which makes it about 50% faster with 1.3GHz speed compared to 900 MHz on the Pi 2. And secondly the addition of built-in BCM43143 Wifi chip as well as built-in Bluetooth LE support. This makes the Pi IoT ready right out of the box.
Among other changes it now supports up to 2.5A input power which will allow more devices to work with the Pi over USB. All this keeping the same form factor that of Raspberry Pi 2. That means most of your Pi 2 accessories and Hats will work with the Pi 3.
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 100 Base Ethernet
- 40-pin extended GPIO
- 4 USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A