This is an easy to use digital soil moisture sensor. Just insert the sensor in the soil and it can can measure moisture or water level content in it. It gives a digital output of 5V when moisture level is high and 0V when the moisture level is low in the soil.
The sensor includes a potentiometer to set the desired moisture threshold. When the sensor measures more moisture than the set threshold, the digital output goes high and an LED indicates the output. When the moisture in the soil is less than the set threshold, the output remains low. The digital output can be connected to a micro controller to sense the moisture level. The sensor also outputs an analog output which can be connected to the ADC of a micro controller to get the exact moisture level in the soil.
This sensor is great for making water gardening projects, water sensing, etc.
- Operating voltage: 3.3V~5V
- Dual output mode,analog output more accurate
- A fixed bolt hole for easy installation
- With power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green)
- Having LM393 comparator chip, stable
- Panel PCB Dimension: Approx.3cm x 1.5cm
- Soil Probe Dimension: Approx. 6cm x 3cm
- Cable Length: Approx.21cm
- VCC: 3.3V-5V
- GND: GND
- DO: digital output interface(0 and 1)
- AO: analog output interface
- VCC connect to 3.3V-5V
- GND connect to GND
- DO digital value output connector（0 or 1）
- AO analog value output connector
- Soil moisture module is most sensitive to the ambient, generally used to detect the moisture content of the soil.
- When the module can not reach the threshold value, DO port output high, when the the soil humidity exceeds a set threshold value, the module D0 output low;
- The small board digital output D0 can be connected directly to the MCU, MCU to detect high and low, to detect soil moisture;
- Small board digital output DO can directly drive the buzzer module or relay module in our store, which can form a soil moisture alarm equipment;
- Small board analog output AO and AD module connected through the AD converter, you can get more precise values of soil moisture;