The DHT 22 Digital Temperature and Humidity Sensor Module AM 2302 is a basic, low-cost digital temperature and humidity sensor. DHT 22 uses a capacitive humidity sensor and a thermistor to measure the surrounding air and spits out a digital signal on the data pin (no analog input pins needed).
The DHT 22 is fairly simple to use, but requires careful timing to grab data. The only real downside of this DHT 22 sensor is you can only get new data from it once every 2 seconds, so when using our library, sensor readings can be up to 2 seconds old.
Simply connect the first pin on the left to 3-5V power, the second pin to your data input pin and the rightmost pin to ground. Although DHT22 uses a single-wire to send data it is not Dallas One Wire compatible! If you want multiple sensors, each one must have its own data pin!
- High precision
- Capacitive type
- Full range temperature compensated
- Relative humidity and temperature measurement
- Calibrated digital signal
- Outstanding long-term stability
- Extra components not needed
- Long transmission distance
- Low power consumption
- 4 pins packaged and fully interchangeable