Raspberry Pi Foundation has launched a new Product named Raspberry Pi PICO which is very cheaper as compared to other Raspberry Pi Products.
Almost one and half-year before Raspberry had launched a revolutionary update on their Single Board Computer (SBC) Pi 3 and become most popular Microcontroller board in the community which is known as a Raspberry pi 4. On the same timeline, the Raspberry pi foundation came with new astonishing SBC named as a Raspberry Pi PICO.
The main highlighted thing about RPI PICO it is the Lowest cost and Smallest size development board from Raspberry pi Foundation ever. On the technical side, it is equipped with RP2040 Microcontroller chip developed by Raspberry Pi Foundation itself. RP400 is their first dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor-based latest small-sized, budget-friendly microcontroller.
The RP2040 is supported with both c / c ++ and micro-python, meaning that if you’re a beginner and want to learn any of these languages, the Raspberry Pico would be the best product-option to start with.
Features of Raspberry Pi Pico:-
- RP2040 microcontroller chip designed by Raspberry Pi in the United Kingdom
- Dual-core Arm Cortex M0+ processor, the flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard Flash memory
- The castellated module allows soldering directly to carrier boards
- USB 1.1 with device and host support
- Low-power sleep and dormant modes
- Drag-and-drop programming using mass storage over USB
- 26 multi-function GPIO pins
- 2 SPI, 2 I2C, 2 UART, 3 12-bit ADC, 16 controllable PWM channels
- Accurate clock and timer on-chip
- Temperature sensor
- Accelerated floating-point libraries on-chip
- 8 Programmable I/O (PIO) state machines for custom peripheral support
Specifications of Raspberry Pi Pico:-
Raspberry Pi PICO
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||
1.8 ~ 5.5
RP2040 (Dual-core Arm Cortex M0+) By Raspberry Pi
2 x UART, 2 x I2C, 2 x SPI, up to 16 PWM channels
|On Board Ports||
Micro-USB 5V/2.5A DC Power Input Port
|Operating Temperature Range (C)||
-20 to 85