Monster Moto Shield has the 2 nos VNH 2SP30 chip which enables it to drive two DC motors or a single bipolar stepper motor. It has an extremely high current capacity of 14A per channel (peak of 30A for few seconds). The thermal heating is minimal uptill 4 to 5 amps. However it would need thermal dissipation device like heat sink or cooling fan for higher currents.
Also the difference in the standard Arduino Motor shield and Monster Motor shield is the change in the driving IC. In the standard Arduino Motor shield the IC used is L298 H bridge IC which has a current capacity of 1 A which is replaced by the VNH 2DP30 chip with a 14A conitnuous current capacity with heat dissipation devices installed. This motor driver also has a thermal shutdown function possible as the thermal output is provided on the analog pin of arduino.
- Arduino shield for motor driver.
- Capable to drive two DC motors or one stepper motor.
- Continuous current capacity 14 A.
- Peak Current capacity 30 A.
- Thermal Shutdown pin configured to provide output to Arduino Analog Pin.
- Maximum Voltage is 16V.
- Maximum PWM frequency is 30 Khz. For most of our Hi Torque DC motors 12 V, 10 khz PWM is recommended.
There are no reviews yet.